- Australian Open: Djokovic, Serena look for easy Open rides
- PGA CareerBuilder Challenge: Mickelson begins comeback in California desert
- AFCON 2017: Cameroon battle back to beat Guinea-Bissau
- Onaapo: Sarkodie promises to release back to back in 2017
- World Handball Championship: Olympic champs Denmark struggle past Bahrain
- Sarkodie: 8 pictures that tell singer, girlfriend's grace to grace tale [Photos]
- AFCON 2017: Camerooon go top of Group A
- Alassane Ouattara: Cote d’Ivoire’s President calls for talks with security services
- Fry Pan To Fire: Man loses teeth, burns face as e-cigarette explodes [Photos]
- Official: Black Stars striker Ebenezer Assifuah signs for Le Havre
More from Bio
King Otumfuo Osei Tutu, is the 16th Asantehene, King of the Ashanti. He ascended the Golden Stool on 26 April 1999. By name, he is in direct succession to the founder of the Empire of Ashanti, Otumfuo Osei Tutu I.
Born on 6 May 1950, and named Barima Kwaku Dua, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, he is the youngest of the five children of Nana Afua Kobi Serwaa Ampem, II, Asantehemaa (Queen mother of Asante). His father's name is Nana Kwame Boakye-Dankwa from Kantinkyere in the Ashanti region and was also the Brehyia Chief" of Ashanti. He died on 1 January 2002, in Kumasi. His name at birth, Nana Kwaku Duah, happens to be the name of his paternal grandfather. His father, Nana Boakye also had other children from other marriages. Some of his other siblings are Yaw Boateng(Canada),Kwaku Duah(USA), Kwabena Agyei-Bohyen,Afua Sarpong and Ama Agyemang(Kumasi, Ashanti, Ghana) and the late Nana Kwasi Agyemang Prempeh.
He was educated at Institute of Professional Studies(IPS) after his O-Level at Osei Kyeretwie College in Ghana and later at the Polytechnic of North London, now London Metropolitan University, from where he recently also received an honorary degree of Doctor of Philosophy, conferred at a ceremony at The Barbican Centre, London on 11 January 2006. Nana has six children.
He resides at the Manhyia Palace in Kumasi.