- Dotse’s clarification vindicates me – Abu Ramadan
- I’ll reduce electricity tariffs – Akufo-Addo
- NDC folks fighting Mahama to lose 2016 – Kofi Wayo
- Standard Chartered boss predicts reduction in inflation
- Hundreds of unemployed youth queue for 30 vacant security jobs
- Name & shame criminals among Nkrumahists - Prof. Delle to Rawlings
- Agric Ministry blames cassava shortage on poor transport system
- John Paintsil granted bail
- Flagstaff House is not for rent - Nkansah tells Nana Addo
- ECG were operating a thievery system of billing - Nkansah
More from Entertainment
- Dija Looks Breathtaking In New Photos
- Tiwa Savage And Son Jamil Enjoy Some Quality Mother-Son Time At The Pool
- Basketmouth And Julius Agwu’s Children Look Adorable In Traditional Attire
- Late Pastor Bimbo Odukoya’s Son Jimmy, Shares Adorable Photo Of Himself And His Daughter
- Gbenro Ajibade And Osas Ighodaro Ajibade Expecting First Child, Debut Baby Bump
- Guess Who! Agya Koo To Remarry In June
- How Love Made This Wedding Cake The Best In The World Will Move You To Tears
- OMG: John Paintsil Arrested; Find Out Why
- Anadwo Bogya
- Rawlings Condemns Ghana's Educational System, Find Out Exactly What He Said
- See Reggie Rockstone Reaction To Criss Waddle Criticism
- A Real Life Horror Movie : See Reason Why 20,000 Bees Chase This Car For 2 Days
- Interesting! Find Out What ECG Said About Allegations Of Sabotaging Mahama
- Unbelievable: See What Smoking During Pregnancy Causes
- Temptations In Marriage
- UPDATE: John Paintsil’s Sister Denies That He Beat Police Officer; She Reveals What really Happened
- See Why MUSIGA Condemns Some Songs By Ghanaian Musicians
- Wow! Find Out How Much Ghana’s 2000 Megawatts Coal Power Plant Will Cost
- Spelling Bee Champions: Ghana Teen Beats Odds! Advances To Finals Of Spelling Bee
- Paintsil To Face Court Over Theft Charge
- Dea Awurade Aka
- The baby’s Name Should Be Mr. Black! You Would Not Believe Your Eyes Of How Black He Is
- 2Fyngers Ft Yaa Pono - Next King (Official Video)
- Anadwo Bogya 2
- Aden Nti
- Nsohwe Mma Kwa
- TV Atikopo
- Aden Nti 2
- Photos: Five Naive Ways Modern Students Cheat
- Shatta Again: Find Out What Shatta Wale Did To Obour For Banning Profane Songs
- Nsohwe Mma Kwa 2
- Kpone registrar must go - Kpone youth
- Menua Paa Nie 3
- Bosam Kawa
- Ntaafoo Sekan 3
- I Prefer The Maid
- Ntaafoo Sekan 2
- Agya Dabi
- Sad: See How Much This Woman Earns For All The Hard Labour In Producing Shea Butter
- Funny Names Given To Cars In Ghana
- Nsohwe Mma Kwa 4
- 13 Extremely Hilarious Quotes By President Robert Mugabe On Relationships
- Agya Dabi 2
- I Curse You
- TV Atikopo 2
- Names Of Places In Ghana That Have Been Anglicized; Number 3 Will Shock You
- Nsohwe Mma Kwa 3
- Ayr United set pulses racing with latest kit launch... as topless model covered in body paint poses to promote 2016-17 shirt
- Big Mama
- Dea Awurade Aka 3
- Many ignore observation of AU Day in Kumasi
- Ghana Must Go, Fifty, The Cursed Ones, Battle For 2016 Golden Movie Awards
- Dea Awurade Aka 2
- As Luck Would Have It
- NDC Secretary Granted Bail After Slapping Radio Producer
- Jamie Vardy's wedding to his WAG Becky Nicholson begins as Louis Tomlinson arrives
- Cry Of A Mother
- 12 Ghanaian Footballers Who Deserve A Call-Up To The Blackstars
- Africa is rising – President Mahama
- Bosam Kawa 2
- T.B. Joshua On Food Scarcity – “You Have Not Seen Anything Yet”
- The Ugliest Husband
- 9 Surprisingly Awesome Meals Created With Bread
- 3 Children Burnt To Death In Nkwanta Fire
- Meet The Artificial Limb Maker From Plateau State
- Cry Of A Mother
- John Paintsil arrested for slapping a police commander
- Stan Dogbe's Attack Linked To Ghana’s Drop In Press Freedom
- I Was Sexually Abused And Impregnated In Primary Six- Rita Edochie
- Hanna Tetteh Urges MPs To Learn French And Portuguese
- Use WhatsApp productively – Mahama to Ghanaians
- B5 Plus Supports Healthcare Delivery
- Calls for Britain's 'sweetheart' tax deal with Google to be probed
- TOR, Ghana Gas owe GNPC $92m
- Seven Unnecessary Things Nigerian Add To Their Noodles
- Gay Lions?! What These Stately Males Are Doing Is Shocking!
- More details on why John Painstil is in police custody
- ECG ‘taken aback’ by PURC directive
- Cry Of A Mother
- These 6 Awesome Cars Were Made In Africa
- My Daughter Borrowed Millions To Make Louis Otieno Happy – Father
- MUSIGA issues statement on profane lyrics
- Corrupt Church
- Big Mama 2
- England football's Jamie Vardy's parents won't be at his and Becky Nicholson's wedding
- 24 Lovely Photos Of Nyota Ndogo’s Muslim Wedding You Need To See
- Junior Boys Mentoring Conference (JBMC) to host Tonyi Senayah, May 29
- Chief Imam prays for Appiah ahead of Unity Match
- Electricity bills killing Ghanaians - Kofi Adams
- KNUST, Others To Build 10,000 Housing Units In 5 Years
- Adu-Boahen was a fighter - Akufo-Addo
- Africa needs opportunities and partnerships not sympathy-Mahama
- Ghanaian Dishes With Weird Names
- Illegal mining activities force closure of Konongo water treatment plant
- Sad! Fire Kills 17 Students In Boarding House
- Here Are 12 Of Africa’s Highest Salaried Presidents
- What’s up Africa – Ban on skin bleaching creams
- Volta Region now has adequate transformers - GRIDco
- Make agric life-time vocation - Minister urges youth
- Delegation explores investment opportunities in Mexico
- Get rid of unproductive AU holiday – Nduom
- Suspending billing in right direction - Energy Committee
- Nigeria: Naira value drop after MPC decisions
- Girl's Secret
- Man Steals Police Commander’s Goat
- First World War soldiers pictured on the eve of battle in amazing images
- Cry Of A Mother
- VIP Guards Not For Domestic Chores – Police To Flagbearers
- AU Day: MPs must learn French, Portuguese – Hanna Tetteh
- Rafa Benitez stays on as Newcastle manager on three-year deal
- Peter Thiel dragged into Hulk Hogan lawsuit against Gawker Media
- 22 Impeccable Fashion Tips You Can Learn From Sharon Mundia
- 9 Very Important Things Ladies With Natural Hair Must Know Before Coloring
- Romantic Things Ghanaian Couples Can Do After Making Love
- Photos: When Yvonne Okoro met British Royalty, Prince Edward
It seems that there is no love lost between Afia Pokua, one of the seasoned presenters of Tema-based Adom Fm and the management of the station.
Afia Pokua, who is one of the news editors and does the newspaper review on the station’s morning show, as well as hosts a political programme, is currently mourning over what she and many listeners described as unfair treatment meted out to her by the station.
Afia woke up one fine Tuesday morning and on her arrival at the station, was told by management that Akosua Safoa Kantimpo, a newscaster who left Adom FM some years back for Hot FM, was now in charge of the newspaper review. Afia was not given any written notice to officially inform her about the decision to relieve her of her post.
Afia Pokua, who had worked with the station for over 12 years, made a lot of impact on Adom FM’s morning show ‘Dwaso Nsem’, paving the way for her to be counted among the best when it comes to morning shows on radio.
BEATWAVES gathered that Afia Pokua had been credited with the success of Adom FM’s morning show, which is currently being handled by Adakabre Frimpong Manso.
Speculations are rife that certain people are in support of the decision to drop Afia Pokua from doing the newspaper review on the morning show.
Reports available indicate that Afia Pokua is not in the good books of certain people because her comments on certain issues are too “antagonistic”.
BEATWAVES gathered that when Abeiku Santana left the Tema Community Two-based station a year or so ago, Afia Pokua expressed her desire to leave but the management of Adom Fm convinced her to stay because the station needed her services.
Surprisingly, the same people who persuaded Afia Pokua to stay with the station have now abandoned her.
Adakabre Frimpong Manso however distanced himself from the issue, saying that he was out of the country when the management took the decision to drop Afia Pokua from the morning show team.
It would be recalled that in August 2010, Ekuoba Gyasi, the then morning show host on Adom FM, also suffered the same fate with the excuse that he had not been able to push the station to overtake Peace 104.3 FM’s morning show.
Somewhere in August 2010, when Ekuoba Gyasi was relieved of his post, Kofi Adoma was asked to hold the fort before Adakabre Frempong took over as host of the Adom morning show.
Readers will recall that Adakabre used to host the Adom morning show some years back before he left for Hot FM.
In a related development, a group calling itself Concerned Listeners of Adom FM threatened to stage a massive demonstration in Tema to protest the unfair treatment of certain staff of the radio station by its management, but later postponed it.
The president of the group, Kofi Nana Opoku, told BEATWAVES that the demonstration was postponed to give management of Adom FM enough time to find a solution to the problems raised by the group a few weeks ago when its leaders met with the management.
He disclosed that the grievances of the group had already been forwarded to the management board of the station, which promised to communicate its final decision to the group as soon as possible.
In a petition signed by the president of the Concerned Listeners of Adom Fm, the group stated that it was not happy about the way the station was being managed, and called for the removal of Adakabre Frimpong Manso, the host of the morning show and Akosua Safoa Kantinpo.
The petition also called on management to bring back presenters like Odei Ampofo, Eddie Kay, Dr Duncan, Ekuoba Gyasi and Daddy Bosco, then the programmes manager, to help revamp the image of the station.
It again appealed to management of the station to bring back Afia Pokua to handle the newspaper review. “We don’t want Akosua Safoa Kintinpo on the morning show”.
Nana Yaa Boaponsem should be allowed to read the 12:00 and 6:00pm news bulletins,” it noted.
In response to the petition, the management of the station, in a letter dated January 31, signed by William Amoabeng and Klaus Von Backustein, Human Resource Manager and former Chief Operating Officer respectively, said it was very gratifying to know how passionate and dedicated the group was to the station and wished that it remained the ultimate choice for listeners across the country.
The letter said, “We believe that our meeting with you on January 30 was very fruitful. You gave us a lot of feedback while we also had the opportunity to offer explanations on some of the issues raised in the letter which we hope will give you better appreciation on our internal operations and leadership direction.
“As explained at the meeting, some of the matters of concern are purely board decisions and could not be addressed at our level. We have therefore forwarded your letter to our board of directors for their review. We will communicate whatever response they may have as soon as they get back to us”.