- Australian Open: Djokovic, Serena look for easy Open rides
- PGA CareerBuilder Challenge: Mickelson begins comeback in California desert
- AFCON 2017: Cameroon battle back to beat Guinea-Bissau
- Onaapo: Sarkodie promises to release back to back in 2017
- World Handball Championship: Olympic champs Denmark struggle past Bahrain
- Sarkodie: 8 pictures that tell singer, girlfriend's grace to grace tale [Photos]
- AFCON 2017: Camerooon go top of Group A
- Alassane Ouattara: Cote d’Ivoire’s President calls for talks with security services
- Fry Pan To Fire: Man loses teeth, burns face as e-cigarette explodes [Photos]
- Official: Black Stars striker Ebenezer Assifuah signs for Le Havre
More from World News
- OMG! Popular Actress Beaten And Dragged In Dirty Mud For Stealing; What She Stole Will Blow Your Mind (Photo+Video)
- See the Controversial Picture a Girl Posted on Social Media; What She Is Doing Will Shock You
- From Riches to Rags: Ex-Nigerian Player Now Mentally Unstable, Roaming the Streets Like a Mad Man (Photos)
- AFCON Boobs: Bootilicious Socialite Flaunts Massive Backside And Boobs In Support Of Ivory Coast (+ Photos)
- Young Couple Caught Doing This Shocking Thing On Top Of A Building (Photos+Video)
- ECOWAS Issues Jammeh Final Ultimatum to Vacate Office Or Else
- 24 Amazing Photos Of Asantehemaa’s Funeral That Show The Rich Ashanti Culture
- Jesus of Africa? Priest Undergoes Torture As He Carries Cross to Liberate His People (Photos+Video)
- You Wont Believe What Happened To This Lady After Eating the Food She Bought From A Restaurant... See Details
- Man Chopped-Off Neighbour's Hand...His Reason Will Shock You
- See the Shocking Moment a Topless Lady Publicly Grabbed Donald Trump's Manhood In Spain; Find Out What Happened Next (Photo+Videos)
- OMG! You Wont Believe What Apostle Johnson Suleiman Did To One of His Pastors Who Was Caught Participating in MMM
- OMG! Meet The 22-Year-Old Girl Whose Skin Burns Anytime She Steps Outside In The Sunlight..See Details (Photos)
- Mother from Hell! See What a Woman Did to Her Little Daughter Just to Stop Her From Sucking Her Fingers (Photos)
- NPP Vice Chairman & wife Arrested For ‘Taking Over’ Three Toilet Facilities
- 14 Photos From Asantehemaa’s Funeral That Will Scare The Shit Out Of You
- OMG! 35-Year-Old Man Cuts Off His Manhood And Chews It After Many Days of Incantations...See Shocking Details
- Wicked World: Baby Boy Stashed Inside a Polythene Bag Found Dead Inside a Gutter in Calabar (Photo)
- Omg! See Pastor and 4 Other Armed Robbers Arrested For Snatching SUV in Lagos (Photo)
- You Stole My Love
- See the Unconventional Church Which Uses the 'Devil's Music' to Preach the Word of God (Photos)
- Angelina Jolie’s adopted daughter's mum seeks access
- Shocking! Tragedy Hits Gambia President-elect Adama Barrow... See Details
- Mombasa Women Rep Urges Wives To Withhold Sex From Their Husbands Until They Register To Vote
- Music Video: Maccasio - Inside feat. Zeal
- Music Video: Maccasio - Inside feat. Zeal
- Meet the 4-year-old Girl, Daliyah Who Has Read 1000 Books
- 11 Ways To Be The Best Boyfriend She Will Ever Have
- Me Maame Pe Mekunu
- Ghana Armed Forces: Chief of Staff charged with pick-up theft
- To My Dear Mother - A Tribute By Otumfuo Osei Tutu II
- Me Maame Pe Mekunu 2
- Asantehemaa's Death: I'm Homeless; Otumfuo Osei Tutu II Pays Tribute To Mother
- Xmas bonuses for Korle-Bu staff was without approval – Board
- Music Video: DJ Mic Smith - ‘Olele’ ft. Zeal, Yaa Pono and Cabum
- Local Government: Only Ga-Dangmes should be MCEs, DCEs else... - Group to Nana Addo
- Humiliation! Pastor's Son And Friend Paraded Stark N*ked In Public For Doing This Shocking Thing
- Save Your Marriage: 4 Reasons You Should Start Sexting Your Husband
- Without Emotions
- In Memoriam: Favourite Quotes From Komla Dumor
- President Yahya Jammeh of Gambia Declares State of Emergency (+ Full Text)
- LIVESTREAMING: Day 2 of Asantehemaa's burial rites
- Francisca Oteng-Mensah: 24 year old MP complains about unbearable financial demands
- The life Of Nana Afia Serwaa Ampem II, The 13th Asantehemaa
- Vetting Timetable Out - Osafo Marfo, Kan-Dapaah Start
- Ghana Recorded 2,198 Road Accidents In 2016
- Jammeh: Nigeria reportedly 'deploys warship' to The Gambia
- Me Ye Hitler
- Me Maame Pe Mekunu 4
- In Sunyani: Landlord kills tenant for not flushing toilet
- Suhum: We Can't Shut Down 'Abortion Clinic' - Ghana Health Service
- Vendee Globe: Thomson smashes speed mark to close on lead
- Christmas Hamper: Nana Addo Rejects GH¢500,000 From Corporate Organisation
- Kpessah Whyte ‘Dodges’ NSS Scandal
- Corruption in Ghana: Gov't Will Jail COCOBOD, BOST, SSNIT Bosses - Ken Agyapong
- Simone Jarvis dies after falling from Bristol apartment
- Army Chief Indicted Over ‘Stolen’ Pick-Up
- AFCON 2017: Avram Grant wants more from Black Stars players
- Me Maame Pe Mekunu 3
- Sekina 3
- 2016 First Half Petroleum Revenue Drops By 50%
- Guy Smarts: This Guy Took Freezing Cold Showers Every Day For A Week. Here’s What happened
- Lord Snowdon and Princess Margaret's explosive marriage
- Insurers pay Tullow US$80m as compensation for defects on Jubilee FPSO
- 3 Robbers Charged For Attacking Judge
- It’s enough! Kafui Danku responds to negative comments about her husband
- KATIE HOPKINS: Theresa May had guts to back hard Brexit
- Nigerian Military: Nigerian troops, warship sail to Gambia to remove Jammeh by force
- Social Media Trolls: Kafui Danku Reacts To Attacks Directed At Her And 'Old' Husband
- Be With Me
- Relationships And S3x: 6 Signs She’s Interested In You
- Asantehemaa's Funeral: Kufuor Pays Respect To Asantehemaa
- Naturist Cleaners seeks women to clean houses nude for £45
- Morocco stun with Kabananga's strike from DR Congo
- I’m ready for appointment – Freddie Blay
- Here Are 16 Things Most People Do Immediately After Sex
- Adama Barrow: 3 reasons Gambian President-elect may not forgive Jammeh
- AFCON 2017: Uganda coach proud of his charges despite loss to Ghana
- Serie A: Sulley Muntari agrees deal with Pescara
- Mahama Gave Kufuor A Land
- 7 Types Of Okada Riders That You Will Come Accross
- The joy of mother, the pain of 10 years in prison… WATCH Stars of The Future runner-up share his experience
- Reynolds American: Tobacco giant BAT buys out US firm for $47.4bn
- 'Budget Queen' feeds her family and dog with £38 a week
- Amidu Charges Nana To Root Out Corruption
- AFCON 2017: 'No Black Stars captaincy beef, no Gyan exit' - GFA
- Ghanaian Arrested In India With Cocaine
- Australian Open: Venus rolls back years to reach third round
- Sekina 2
- AFCON: Three points is what matters - Grant
- LIVESTREAMING: Komla Dumor Foundation Holds 3rd Anniversary Ceremony
- Volta North NPP Angry Over Ministerial Snub
- British girl stuns with SPOT ON Taylor Swift impersonation
- All eyes will be on Addo-Addo towards job creation - Expert
- In US: Gunmen open fire on crowd during Martin Luther King day celebration, 8 injured
- Kenyan Photographer Mutua Matheka Has His Images Featured On CNN Africa’s Instagram Feed
- United Nations: The World Has Failed Children
- AU: AMISOM probes civilian death, injuries in road accident
- 'Shambolic' NHS trust blamed for two deaths
- Mahama Government gives Rawlings 4.6 acres of land for 99yrs at GHS10/yr
- AFCON 2017: Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Uganda
- Police face anger over stop and search of young schoolboy
- When I Fall In Love
- AFCON 2017: Asamoah Gyan explains why he was substituted against Uganda
- Deutsche Bank: German banking giant slashes 2016 bonuses after mammoth US fine
- Barack Obama dines with five leading novelists
- Shekau: 'Why we attacked University of Maiduguri' - Boko Haram leader
- In Indonesia: HSBC funding forest destruction - Greenpeace
- 'ISIS terrorist' ADMITS carrying out NYE Istanbul attack
- Oscar winner has publicly denied dating Amal Alamuddin - and said they're working together on a 'satellite program over Syria'
- But the couple looked close at private White House event last week
- The pair were seen together at posh D.C. hotel following the event which Clooney's parents Nick and Nina also attended
- Miss Alamuddin has been representing Julian Assange over his sexual assault extradition proceedings
- She was voted No.1 on London's 'Hottest Barrister' list last year
- The White House will make no comment on Miss Alamuddin's attendance
By Sara Nathan
PUBLISHED: 18:49 GMT, 25 February 2014 | UPDATED: 20:17 GMT, 25 February 2014
George Clooney has taken striking British barrister Amal Alamuddin – who represents WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange - to meet President Obama at the White House, MailOnline can reveal.
In a move that will provoke yet more questions over his close friendship with the human rights lawyer, Oscar winner George, 52, took Miss Alamuddin to the private screening of his latest movie Monuments Men last week, in a group that included his parents Nick and Nina Clooney.
The stunning brunette is currently representing Assange - who has made no secret of his anger at President Obama's White House - in his extradition proceedings with Sweden.
Cosy: George Clooney stands next to British barrister Amal Alamuddin at the Willard Hotel's exclusive Round Robin and Scotch Bar in Washington D.C. after they both attended a private screening of his latest movie, Monuments Men, with President Obama at the White House on Tuesday, February 18. His friend and co-producer Grant Heslov is seen sitting down
Meet my friends: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin have a late-night drink with, from left, Matt Damon, his wife Luciana (sitting down), actor Bill Murray, and producer Grant Heslov
Friends in high places: George Clooney speaks at the private White House screening of his new film, Monuments Men on Tuesday, February 18, with President Barack Obama watching on
The Oscar winner and the lawyer were said to be looking extremely close at the event, and although it's not known whether Miss Alamuddin met President Obama, Clooney is pictured standing by the Commander-in-Chief.
Just hours after the small screening on
Tuesday, February 18, Clooney and Miss Alamuddin were pictured
standing intimately together at the Round Robin and Scotch Bar at the
Willard Hotel in Washington D.C. in a group that included Clooney’s pal and
co-star Matt Damon and his wife Luciana, and fellow actor and co-star Bill Murray.
An onlooker at the bar told MailOnline: 'They looked very much together, George had his arm around her and she appeared to be a girlfriend.
'They were in a small group of about 10 people, it's really a small venue and there were maybe only about 30 people in the bar, and they were sitting at a table off to the side.
Bizarrely, the group can all be seen wearing mardi-gras style necklaces in the snapshot.
Striking: British barrister Amal Amaluddin speaks three languages and was last year voted London's 'hottest barrister'
Miss Alamuddin was not on the official White House guest list that was issued last week.
However, in pictures seen by MailOnline, Miss Alamuddin - who donned a slinky black dress for the night - beams as she sips on champagne while having her hair done ahead of the screening, with Luciana Damon and Lysa Heslev looking on.
The presence of Julian Assange's lawyer
in the White House, even on a movie star's arm for a private screening,
is bound to have put the White House on tenterhooks.
Last June, Assange attacked President Obama and the White House in an open letter over its treatment of fugitive NSA leaker Edward Snowden.
When asked about Miss Alamuddin's presence at the screening, the White House press office had no official comment.
However, two White House sources told MailOnline that Miss Alamuddin came to the event with Clooney, according to their colleagues who were present.
One said she and Clooney were the talk of the junior staff on the next day since they had been seen cozying up to each other as they arrived, walking behind the star's parents, Nick and Nina Clooney.
The film follows an allied group, the Monuments, Fine Arts, and Archives program, tasked with finding and saving pieces of art and other culturally important items before their destruction by Hitler during World War II.
And the official guest list from the White House shows just what an intimate screening it was. Invited were Clooney, his parents NIck and Nina, Bill Murray, Matt Damon, Grant Heslov, Robert Edsel, writer of the book The Monuments Men and Harry Ettlinger, a surviving member of the original Monuments Men group.
Bill Burns, Deputy Secretary of State, was on the list as was Heather Higginbottom, Deputy Secretary of State and David Wade, State Department Chief of Staff. They were joined by Richard Stengel, Under Secretary of State for Public Affairs, Evan Ryan, Assistant Secretary of State for Educational and Cultural Affairs and Bill McHugh, Secretary of the Army.
Sara Bloomfield, Director the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, was invited as was Rabbi Jack Moline, Agudas Achim Congregation, Susan Hildreth, Director of the Institute of Museum and Library Services and David Ferriero, Archivist of the United States
Friendly: Oscar winner George Clooney was first seen with British barrister Amal Alamuddin as they left dinner at Berners Tavern in London in October 2013. He later denied a romance with the striking lawyer
Cosy dinner: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin smile as they're caught leaving the Berners Tavern. The actor took the raven-haired barrister to the White House last week
No romance, really? George Clooney denied dating Amal Alamuddin after the couple were pictured together at dinner in London in October. His spokesman said: 'He wants Amal to be able to prosecute cases without being hassled because she had one dinner with George and four others'.
Miss Alamuddin, who works from London's Doughty Street Chambers, specialises in international law, human rights, extradition and criminal law. She speaks three languages - French, Arabic and English - and was voted No. 1 on London's Hottest Barrister list of 2013.
has been appointed to a number of UN commissions including as adviser
to Special Envoy Kofi Annan on Syria and her high profile human rights
cases have included representing former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko.
She is currently representing Assange in his extradition proceedings with Sweden. The Australian hacker and rogue online publisher is currently wanted for questioning in Sweden in a sexual assault case.
When the UK’s Supreme Court turned down his appeal of an order to enforce the European arrest warrant against him, Assange fled to the Ecuadorian embassy in London. Ecuador granted him political asylum in June 2012.
If he should leave the embassy, the British government will likely send him to Sweden. From there, Assange fears, he could be extradited later to the United States to face even more fearsome charges.
U.S. criminal case stems from his 2010 decision to publish a collection
of American diplomatic cables – the largest cache of classified
documents ever made public at once – on the WIkileaks website.
Assange received the material from Bradley Manning, an American soldier who was later convicted of violating the federal Espionage Act. A judge sentenced Manning last year to 35 years in Fort Leavenworth military prison, although he could be paroled in just eight years.
Representing: Human rights barrister Amal Alamuddin (on the right) leaves London's High Court with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange following a court hearing on July 13, 2011
The day after his sentencing, the disgraced Army private announced that he had changed his name to Chelsea, and that he wanted to live as a woman.
From his sanctuary in the Ecuadorian Embassy, Assange wrote an open letter last June on the occasion of his first anniversary in hiding, slamming the Obama White House for its treatment of the fugitive NSA leaker Edward Snowden.
'The word "traitor" has been thrown around a lot in recent days,' Assange wrote. 'But who is really the traitor here?'
was it who promised a generation "hope" and "change," only to betray
those promises with dismal misery and stagnation? … Who is it that
promised to preside over The Most Transparent Administration in history,
only to crush whistleblower after whistleblower with the bootheel of
Oscar winner Clooney and Miss Alamuddin were first pictured together after enjoying dinner at the Berners Tavern in London last October and then seen sharing a cab as they left the restaurant.
just days later, Clooney was at pains to stress he was still single
after splitting with long-time love Stacy Keibler last summer.
After being linked with actress Katie Holmes and Croatian model Monika Jakisic as well as Miss Alamuddin, Clooney told People magazine in October: ‘Three different stories in three weeks. I should be an athlete. But, no of course, it's all made up.’
At work: Amal Alamuddin and high-profile human rights activist, Geoffrey Robertson QC, with Eugenia Tymoshenko, daughter of formerly imprisoned Ukranian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko in London on November 5, 2012
Enemies of the state: Fugitive NSA leaker Edward Snowden (left) and Bradley Manning (right) an American soldier who was later convicted of violating the federal Espionage Act.
According to Clooney's spokesman, Stan Rosenfield, the actor finally felt moved to put a stop to the gossip.
‘George wants this Monika crap to stop. He wants Katie to get a break, and he wants Amal to be able to prosecute cases without being hassled because she had one dinner with George and four others … I even asked George if these [rumors] were true and he said he never comments on his private life, but in the interest of stopping the harassment of all three of these women, he felt he should.'
A source close to the actor
added: "George is not dating, nor has he dated Monika in several years,
nor is he dating Katie Holmes – he simply hugged her at a premiere – nor
is he the new boyfriend of Amal, who he is working with on a
[surveillance] satellite program over Syria.’