- GFA is not serious – GN
- VRA’s debt now $1.5bn
- 50 cedis per tonne of sugarcane woefully inadequate – NPP MP
- JUSSAG strike to continue
- CHRAJ must tackle discrimination of nurses head-on – Lawyer
- APC is a 'big party' – Ayariga
- Security officers lack adequate training – Ayariga
- Plant Breeders Bill will fight poverty – Scientists
- Enforcing Political Parties law: EC risks suit – Delle
- Future of Komenda Sugar factory 'very bright’ - Omane Boamah
More from World News
- North Korean Missile 'EXPLODES On Its Launch Pad And Severely Injures Staff'
- Jihad's Army: ISIS Roll Out Their Oldest Fighter - An 81-Year-Old Chinese Grandfather - In Desperate Bid To Boost Morale As The Terror Group Looks Set To Lose Fallujah
- Amazon Lets Users Speak With Alexa Without Using An Echo Via Web Browser
- England Announce Euro 2016 Squad As Marcus Rashford And Daniel Sturridge Are Named By Roy Hodgson
- Julia Knightley Under Fire For Images Of Herself In UNDERWEAR To Promote Business
- Barclays Bank Fraudster Finally Arrested By Police; Find Out How
- Gunmen Open Fire On Women And Children For Watching Champions League Final In Gonja
- Read Shocking Comment Nana Addo Made About Prez Mahama
- Unbelievable: Woman Commits Suicide In Bizarre Circumstances In Manya Krobo
- Sad! Police Confirm Cause Of Yeji Boat Disaster Which Killed Six Children
- Can Ghanaians Now Go To Namibia Without A Visa? Find Out
- OMG: Students At Suame Abandon Classrooms For 'Sakawa'; Reason Will Shock You
- See Reason Why 'Macho Men' Shuts Down School After Beating Teachers
- 6 Fun Facts About Ghana Police In Photos; Number 4 Will Make Your Day
- Photos From Radio And TV Personality, Giovani Caleb’s White Wedding
- 11-Month-Old Child Was Dying Until This Woman Took Her. Look At Her Now!
- Shocking! The Most Corrupt Country In The World Revealed; You Won't Believe This
- Interesting: Find Out What Akua Donkor Has Applied For From The Police
- Mahama To Inaugurate Komenda Sugar Factory
- Video: Have You Seen This Advert? What Do You Think?
- PHOTOS: Mahama Opens Komenda Sugar Factory; To Create 7000 Jobs
- Krofrom Youth On Rampage After Autopsy Report Exonerates Police
- Unbelievable! Find Out How BOST Was Duped $109 Million
- Zoo Keeper Impregnates Orangutan
- Chairman Wontumi Threatens To Attack NDC Polling Agents If.....
- Why must UK appoint a 'fool' as a commissioner to Ghana? – Jumah
- Abu Ramadan to return to court over voters’ register judgement
- Cincinnati Police says parents of four-year old boy who climbed into Gorilla enclosure may be charged
- The Benjamins Episode 1
- Ode Me Besi Yie
- Armed Robbers Shoot Passengers On Yeji-Atebubu Road…Several Injured
- Sad: Man, 20, Commits Suicide
- GRAPHIC: Man flogged publicly for having sex with married woman
- My Sex Client
- Most Racist Commercial Ever? Chinese Detergent Ad Exposed As Illuminati Devision Propaganda
- Tamale College Rejects Application Of 400 Qualified Students Due To Infrastructure Deficit
- Abu Ramadan Heads Back To Court Over Voters' Register Judgement
- The Benjamins Episode 5
- New Video Footage Of Harambe Shows The 400 Pound Gorilla HOLDING HANDS With The Four-Year-Old Boy Who Fell Into The Zoo Enclosure As Witnesses Say The Animal Was 'Acting Protectively'
- Hundreds of bikers turn up to mourn colleague
- Visa And Passport Fraudster Arrested
- Most Racist Commercial Ever
- Fake Doctor Arrested For Practising Without Certificate For 2 Decades
- Cows were aboard sunken Yeji boat - DCE
- Genuine polls deepen democracy – Annan
- Sex Slave Boy In America
- Gov’t to shift ground in another JUSSAG meeting
- See How Ghanaian Woman Loses Ghc10,000 In Champions League Final Bet
- The Benjamins Episode 7
- Obaapa 2
- Aye Hu
- Bawumia asks Muslims to pray for peaceful election
- Two Lionesses Licked The Water Off Her Tent! What This Woman Did Is Amazing
- Kwadwo Besia
- Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's iPhone bust-up 'sparked by a fight over his dying mother'
- Majid Michel Reveals How He Stopped Being An Atheist, Says He Met God
- Orlando Pirates fans want Fatau Dauda back
- Ohene Ben Ni
- Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets Through Natural Delivery
- Akufo-Addo is lost – Adams
- British High Commissioner: Allotey Jacobs Not Arrested At Heathrow
- PHOTOS: Starr Fm’s Giovanni Caleb Weds Fiancé Belinda Boadu
- 10 Ghanaian Musicians With A Unique Voice
- Unapproved Mathematics Textbooks Storm The Market
- Ohene Ben Ni 3
- Giraffe Woman Has The Longest Neck On Our Planet. Its Length Is Shocking!
- Man Kills Mother Over 'Prophesy'
- Desist from using abusive language - IGP
- Ghana marks International Day of UN Peacekeepers
- Red Alert: Motor Riders Are Knocking Down Pedestrians On Zebra Crossings
- Zainab Balogun Defines The Word Sexy On The Cover Of June 2016 Issue Of Bold Magazine
- Overloading caused boat disaster – Police
- Media destroying Ghana; we’ll turn our guns on them – Anyidoho
- Jumah warns IGP: 'You are not above anyone'
- Ohene Ben Ni 2
- AYNAT encourages youth to venture into agric
- Christians no longer willing to pray for Mahama - Catholic Priest
- Govt to issue bonds to settle indebtedness to BDCs - Asaga
- Atebubu assembly members to boycott elections over curses
- Don’t recruit criminals – Ambassador to security agencies
- Euro 2016 WAGs: The wives and girlfriends gearing up to cheer on their superstar men in France this summer
- Political parties love protecting bad nuts – Karikari
- PURC has failed to protect consumers – Dr Manteaw
- Salaga shooting: Police denies death of eight people
- Invincible forces aren't vigilante groups - Freddie Blay
- The Benjamins Episode 2
- Next time give me 'trotro' to travel to US – Allotey Jacobs tells Journalist
- Kwadwo Besia 2
- Tragedy: Body Of Pregant Woman Removed From Volta River As Yeji Boat Disaster Death Toll Hits 13
- Former Kotoko vice-chairman Kenpong buries mum in Mpraeso Kwahu
- Here Are Places In Ghana With The Shortest Names
- IMF programme yielding good results - Financial Analyst
- Fake doctor arrested after practising for 20 years
- Allotey was arrested – Hopeson Adorye insists
- Investors shun Ghana’s 500 million cedi three year bond
- Ghanaians insure properties at the expense of their lives - Study
- Banks to face tough times soon - Bloomberg
- Obaapa 3
- Ode Me Besi Yie 2
- Ohene Ben Ni 4
- Having S3x With Woman In Her Menses Produces Albinos – Ayariga
- US$11,000 oil palm extraction project inaugurated
- 17m tonnes of cassava produced last year
- Illegal mining to cause future water shortage
- ECG needs managerial reforms to win public trust – Iddrisu
- Don’t be in hurry to declare victory over dumsor - Nduom
- NPP instigated Abu Ramadan’s court case – NDC activist
- Police investigate death threat on MP in Kadjebi
- Media operators ‘worst politicians’ – Anyidoho
- Pepe's Hall of Shame includes headbutts, elbows and stamping... so, is the Real Madrid hothead the most hated player in European football?
- 'The Sun Shone Into Its Bright, Motionless Eyes': Heartbreaking Photograph Shows Drowned Baby Being Cradled By A Charity Worker... Just One Of 700 Migrants Who Died Crossing The Mediterranean Last Week
- Lifestyle of the rich! See photos of the Dubai wedding of Davido’s sister, Coco
- Asaase Nti
- Here Are 15 Biggest Nigerian/International Music Collaborations Ever
- Oscar winner has publicly denied dating Amal Alamuddin - and said they're working together on a 'satellite program over Syria'
- But the couple looked close at private White House event last week
- The pair were seen together at posh D.C. hotel following the event which Clooney's parents Nick and Nina also attended
- Miss Alamuddin has been representing Julian Assange over his sexual assault extradition proceedings
- She was voted No.1 on London's 'Hottest Barrister' list last year
- The White House will make no comment on Miss Alamuddin's attendance
By Sara Nathan
PUBLISHED: 18:49 GMT, 25 February 2014 | UPDATED: 20:17 GMT, 25 February 2014
George Clooney has taken striking British barrister Amal Alamuddin – who represents WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange - to meet President Obama at the White House, MailOnline can reveal.
In a move that will provoke yet more questions over his close friendship with the human rights lawyer, Oscar winner George, 52, took Miss Alamuddin to the private screening of his latest movie Monuments Men last week, in a group that included his parents Nick and Nina Clooney.
The stunning brunette is currently representing Assange - who has made no secret of his anger at President Obama's White House - in his extradition proceedings with Sweden.
Cosy: George Clooney stands next to British barrister Amal Alamuddin at the Willard Hotel's exclusive Round Robin and Scotch Bar in Washington D.C. after they both attended a private screening of his latest movie, Monuments Men, with President Obama at the White House on Tuesday, February 18. His friend and co-producer Grant Heslov is seen sitting down
Meet my friends: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin have a late-night drink with, from left, Matt Damon, his wife Luciana (sitting down), actor Bill Murray, and producer Grant Heslov
Friends in high places: George Clooney speaks at the private White House screening of his new film, Monuments Men on Tuesday, February 18, with President Barack Obama watching on
The Oscar winner and the lawyer were said to be looking extremely close at the event, and although it's not known whether Miss Alamuddin met President Obama, Clooney is pictured standing by the Commander-in-Chief.
Just hours after the small screening on
Tuesday, February 18, Clooney and Miss Alamuddin were pictured
standing intimately together at the Round Robin and Scotch Bar at the
Willard Hotel in Washington D.C. in a group that included Clooney’s pal and
co-star Matt Damon and his wife Luciana, and fellow actor and co-star Bill Murray.
An onlooker at the bar told MailOnline: 'They looked very much together, George had his arm around her and she appeared to be a girlfriend.
'They were in a small group of about 10 people, it's really a small venue and there were maybe only about 30 people in the bar, and they were sitting at a table off to the side.
Bizarrely, the group can all be seen wearing mardi-gras style necklaces in the snapshot.
Striking: British barrister Amal Amaluddin speaks three languages and was last year voted London's 'hottest barrister'
Miss Alamuddin was not on the official White House guest list that was issued last week.
However, in pictures seen by MailOnline, Miss Alamuddin - who donned a slinky black dress for the night - beams as she sips on champagne while having her hair done ahead of the screening, with Luciana Damon and Lysa Heslev looking on.
The presence of Julian Assange's lawyer
in the White House, even on a movie star's arm for a private screening,
is bound to have put the White House on tenterhooks.
Last June, Assange attacked President Obama and the White House in an open letter over its treatment of fugitive NSA leaker Edward Snowden.
When asked about Miss Alamuddin's presence at the screening, the White House press office had no official comment.
However, two White House sources told MailOnline that Miss Alamuddin came to the event with Clooney, according to their colleagues who were present.
One said she and Clooney were the talk of the junior staff on the next day since they had been seen cozying up to each other as they arrived, walking behind the star's parents, Nick and Nina Clooney.
The film follows an allied group, the Monuments, Fine Arts, and Archives program, tasked with finding and saving pieces of art and other culturally important items before their destruction by Hitler during World War II.
And the official guest list from the White House shows just what an intimate screening it was. Invited were Clooney, his parents NIck and Nina, Bill Murray, Matt Damon, Grant Heslov, Robert Edsel, writer of the book The Monuments Men and Harry Ettlinger, a surviving member of the original Monuments Men group.
Bill Burns, Deputy Secretary of State, was on the list as was Heather Higginbottom, Deputy Secretary of State and David Wade, State Department Chief of Staff. They were joined by Richard Stengel, Under Secretary of State for Public Affairs, Evan Ryan, Assistant Secretary of State for Educational and Cultural Affairs and Bill McHugh, Secretary of the Army.
Sara Bloomfield, Director the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, was invited as was Rabbi Jack Moline, Agudas Achim Congregation, Susan Hildreth, Director of the Institute of Museum and Library Services and David Ferriero, Archivist of the United States
Friendly: Oscar winner George Clooney was first seen with British barrister Amal Alamuddin as they left dinner at Berners Tavern in London in October 2013. He later denied a romance with the striking lawyer
Cosy dinner: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin smile as they're caught leaving the Berners Tavern. The actor took the raven-haired barrister to the White House last week
No romance, really? George Clooney denied dating Amal Alamuddin after the couple were pictured together at dinner in London in October. His spokesman said: 'He wants Amal to be able to prosecute cases without being hassled because she had one dinner with George and four others'.
Miss Alamuddin, who works from London's Doughty Street Chambers, specialises in international law, human rights, extradition and criminal law. She speaks three languages - French, Arabic and English - and was voted No. 1 on London's Hottest Barrister list of 2013.
has been appointed to a number of UN commissions including as adviser
to Special Envoy Kofi Annan on Syria and her high profile human rights
cases have included representing former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko.
She is currently representing Assange in his extradition proceedings with Sweden. The Australian hacker and rogue online publisher is currently wanted for questioning in Sweden in a sexual assault case.
When the UK’s Supreme Court turned down his appeal of an order to enforce the European arrest warrant against him, Assange fled to the Ecuadorian embassy in London. Ecuador granted him political asylum in June 2012.
If he should leave the embassy, the British government will likely send him to Sweden. From there, Assange fears, he could be extradited later to the United States to face even more fearsome charges.
U.S. criminal case stems from his 2010 decision to publish a collection
of American diplomatic cables – the largest cache of classified
documents ever made public at once – on the WIkileaks website.
Assange received the material from Bradley Manning, an American soldier who was later convicted of violating the federal Espionage Act. A judge sentenced Manning last year to 35 years in Fort Leavenworth military prison, although he could be paroled in just eight years.
Representing: Human rights barrister Amal Alamuddin (on the right) leaves London's High Court with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange following a court hearing on July 13, 2011
The day after his sentencing, the disgraced Army private announced that he had changed his name to Chelsea, and that he wanted to live as a woman.
From his sanctuary in the Ecuadorian Embassy, Assange wrote an open letter last June on the occasion of his first anniversary in hiding, slamming the Obama White House for its treatment of the fugitive NSA leaker Edward Snowden.
'The word "traitor" has been thrown around a lot in recent days,' Assange wrote. 'But who is really the traitor here?'
was it who promised a generation "hope" and "change," only to betray
those promises with dismal misery and stagnation? … Who is it that
promised to preside over The Most Transparent Administration in history,
only to crush whistleblower after whistleblower with the bootheel of
Oscar winner Clooney and Miss Alamuddin were first pictured together after enjoying dinner at the Berners Tavern in London last October and then seen sharing a cab as they left the restaurant.
just days later, Clooney was at pains to stress he was still single
after splitting with long-time love Stacy Keibler last summer.
After being linked with actress Katie Holmes and Croatian model Monika Jakisic as well as Miss Alamuddin, Clooney told People magazine in October: ‘Three different stories in three weeks. I should be an athlete. But, no of course, it's all made up.’
At work: Amal Alamuddin and high-profile human rights activist, Geoffrey Robertson QC, with Eugenia Tymoshenko, daughter of formerly imprisoned Ukranian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko in London on November 5, 2012
Enemies of the state: Fugitive NSA leaker Edward Snowden (left) and Bradley Manning (right) an American soldier who was later convicted of violating the federal Espionage Act.
According to Clooney's spokesman, Stan Rosenfield, the actor finally felt moved to put a stop to the gossip.
‘George wants this Monika crap to stop. He wants Katie to get a break, and he wants Amal to be able to prosecute cases without being hassled because she had one dinner with George and four others … I even asked George if these [rumors] were true and he said he never comments on his private life, but in the interest of stopping the harassment of all three of these women, he felt he should.'
A source close to the actor
added: "George is not dating, nor has he dated Monika in several years,
nor is he dating Katie Holmes – he simply hugged her at a premiere – nor
is he the new boyfriend of Amal, who he is working with on a
[surveillance] satellite program over Syria.’