- Popular OAP, Olaitan Bakare Dumps Raypower For Senator Yayi’s Sweet FM
- Music Video: Bisa Kdei feat. Obrafour – Samini
- Mahama 'shocked' over murder of ‘friend’ JB Danquah
- Airtel supports Internet Day with initiatives on social media
- Illegal miners vow to resist forceful eviction from Anglogold concessions
- JB Danquah murder: Sandal of fleeing assailant found
- Jocelyn Dumas Joins Airtel Ghana MD, Lucy Quist to Mentor young people
- Beverly Naya Reveals Something Inspiring
- Nigerian Woman Emerges Winner At “Tecno Own the Stage” Karaoke Competition | Wins $25K & Recording Deal
- MTV announces Lip Sync Battle Africa #LSBAfrica
More from Twi Schools
Yaa Asantewaa Girls Secondary is one of theÂ few girls schools in the Ashanti region of Ghana. It was established at Kumasi in 1960 by the government of Ghana.
The school was named after the legendary Queen mother of the people of Ejisu, in the Ashanti region of Ghana and has a population of about , 2500 girls.
COURSES & SUBJECTS
LEVEL: Senior High School
LOCATION: Tanoso, Kumasi
Nana Yaa Asantewaa remains a much-loved figure in Asante history and the history of Ghana as a whole for the courage she showed in confronting injustice during the colonialism of the British. To highlight the importance of encouraging more female leaders in Ghanaian society, the Yaa Asantewaa Girls' Secondary School was established at Kumasi in 1960 with funds from the Ghana Educational Trust.
In 1900 she led the Ashanti rebellion known as the War of the Golden Stool against British colonialism.