- Montie 3 pardon: Go to court if you disagree with us – Council of State
- If an indecisive Mahama can be president, why not Akufo-Addo - NPP
- Nii Lante sends goodwill message to Ghana boxer
- Disabled athletes beg gov’t for Gh¢50k
- I won't insult Mahama back – Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo is not a dictator – NPP
- Obinim to spend second night in police custody
- Tension mounts in Amansie Central over Chinese galamsey activities
- Jinapor accuses ECG workers of breach of trust
- Northern region develops under NDC – Mahama
More from Twi Schools
Yaa Asantewaa Girls Secondary is one of theÂ few girls schools in the Ashanti region of Ghana. It was established at Kumasi in 1960 by the government of Ghana.
The school was named after the legendary Queen mother of the people of Ejisu, in the Ashanti region of Ghana and has a population of about , 2500 girls.
COURSES & SUBJECTS
LEVEL: Senior High School
LOCATION: Tanoso, Kumasi
Nana Yaa Asantewaa remains a much-loved figure in Asante history and the history of Ghana as a whole for the courage she showed in confronting injustice during the colonialism of the British. To highlight the importance of encouraging more female leaders in Ghanaian society, the Yaa Asantewaa Girls' Secondary School was established at Kumasi in 1960 with funds from the Ghana Educational Trust.
In 1900 she led the Ashanti rebellion known as the War of the Golden Stool against British colonialism.