- Make Agriculture Life-Time Vocation - Minister
- NADMO Warns Residents Occupying Weak Structures
- Robbers Shoot Cops At Begoro
- Unbelievable: Pupils Reject School Feeding Programme; Reason Will Shock You
- High Utility Tariffs Killing Businesses
- Spelling Bee Champions: Ghana Teen Beats Odds! Advances To Finals Of Spelling Bee
- See Reason Why Tanker Drivers To Lay Down Tools
- Mugabe Gives Defiant Speech On Africa Day
- Soldiers Use Man's Eyes As Punching Bag Over Phone
- NCA Threatens To Confiscate Disruptive Electronic Equipment
- 05/04/2012 18:20:00
More from Twi Schools
Yaa Asantewaa Girls Secondary is one of theÂ few girls schools in the Ashanti region of Ghana. It was established at Kumasi in 1960 by the government of Ghana.
The school was named after the legendary Queen mother of the people of Ejisu, in the Ashanti region of Ghana and has a population of about , 2500 girls.
COURSES & SUBJECTS
LEVEL: Senior High School
LOCATION: Tanoso, Kumasi
Nana Yaa Asantewaa remains a much-loved figure in Asante history and the history of Ghana as a whole for the courage she showed in confronting injustice during the colonialism of the British. To highlight the importance of encouraging more female leaders in Ghanaian society, the Yaa Asantewaa Girls' Secondary School was established at Kumasi in 1960 with funds from the Ghana Educational Trust.
In 1900 she led the Ashanti rebellion known as the War of the Golden Stool against British colonialism.