- Shocking: Find Out Who The Biggest Clients Of Accra Prostitutes Are
- NPP Man Loses Teeth After A Punch From NDC Man
- Four Children Killed After Getting Stuck In Parents' Car
- SDA Preacher Killed By Hit And Run Driver
- Nana Addo Congratulates NDP Flagbearer Konadu Rawlings
- ‘We’re nonpartisan but highly political’ – Organised labour
- Labour must be at the forefront of electoral process - Mahama
- Adopt solution minded attitude - CEO
- Nana Addo has established a reign of terror in NPP - Minister
- Only 'uneducated minds' will vote NDC in 2016 – MP
More from Twi Schools
Yaa Asantewaa Girls Secondary is one of theÂ few girls schools in the Ashanti region of Ghana. It was established at Kumasi in 1960 by the government of Ghana.
The school was named after the legendary Queen mother of the people of Ejisu, in the Ashanti region of Ghana and has a population of about , 2500 girls.
COURSES & SUBJECTS
LEVEL: Senior High School
LOCATION: Tanoso, Kumasi
Nana Yaa Asantewaa remains a much-loved figure in Asante history and the history of Ghana as a whole for the courage she showed in confronting injustice during the colonialism of the British. To highlight the importance of encouraging more female leaders in Ghanaian society, the Yaa Asantewaa Girls' Secondary School was established at Kumasi in 1960 with funds from the Ghana Educational Trust.
In 1900 she led the Ashanti rebellion known as the War of the Golden Stool against British colonialism.