- Candle light vigil held for ‘Montie 3’
- GPRTU petitions Mahama over Dangote
- NPP is attacking my personality - Ashaiman NDC candidate
- Experts warn $953m Early Power deal stinks; urge Parliament to reject it
- Milking Ghana Dry from Dumsor
- PPP lauds Supreme Court for Montie judgement
- Mahama can’t save Ghana with ‘extra time’ budget – NPP MPs
- I would have slapped NDC bigwigs who rebuked Alistair – Atubiga
- Ghana lost GHC3.9 billion to ‘recklessness’ in two years
- Ghana isn't progressing because of hypocrisy - NDC member
More from Twi Schools
Yaa Asantewaa Girls Secondary is one of theÂ few girls schools in the Ashanti region of Ghana. It was established at Kumasi in 1960 by the government of Ghana.
The school was named after the legendary Queen mother of the people of Ejisu, in the Ashanti region of Ghana and has a population of about , 2500 girls.
COURSES & SUBJECTS
LEVEL: Senior High School
LOCATION: Tanoso, Kumasi
Nana Yaa Asantewaa remains a much-loved figure in Asante history and the history of Ghana as a whole for the courage she showed in confronting injustice during the colonialism of the British. To highlight the importance of encouraging more female leaders in Ghanaian society, the Yaa Asantewaa Girls' Secondary School was established at Kumasi in 1960 with funds from the Ghana Educational Trust.
In 1900 she led the Ashanti rebellion known as the War of the Golden Stool against British colonialism.